Monday, April 28, 2014

Wedding Day





My bestie got married!!!!!!!!

There is a long back story....and it isn't mine, so I don't have the authority to share it. Let's just say that it could DEFINITELY be a Lifetime movie. There is betrayal, pain, suffering, long-waiting, and finally amazingly answered prayers.

I WILL share one thing: she patiently waited on the Lord to bring her a husband. I mean she waited p a t i e n t l y. For 8 years. All the while wondering if she was destined for solidarity. Loneliness. Rejection. God is faithful though, as always. She had traveled A LOT of tough and painful roads. She had endured what most don't have to endure. She kept her eyes on her Father all the while. It wasn't always easy but it was CERTAINLY worth it.

God brought her an amazing man. A Godly man who loves her. A man that won't allow her to travel dark roads again. Her heart can rest in his hands and I'm so thankful she finally has that.

She could have gone on a million dates during those 8 years. She could have slept with many a men. She could have partied. She could have allowed herself to be tainted with lust when she felt those very lonely moments. She could have....but she didn't.

And what came from that beautiful faithfulness to God was more than perfect. She had no regrets on her wedding day. She was asked many times if she was nervous. How could she be? She KNEW her prayers were answers with her new husband and her heart couldn't feel nervous!!! It could only feel that perfect joy that comes from God.

I am so happy for my bestie. I was there in so many of those dark times. I was there watching her as she wondered if she would ever be married again. I was there as we prayed for her to be whole again. I was there as she struggled.

And I was there as I watched God unfold a beautiful plan of redemption and love.

What an amazing day!!!

Congratulations Amanda!!

No comments:

Post a Comment