Friday, April 18, 2014

Bluebonnet Pictures....Kinda


I absolutely LOVE bluebonnet pictures. They are beautiful, nostalgic, and just so darn "Texan". I could look at bluebonnet pictures all day. However, TAKING them is another story. 


First of all, I have to find the right clothing: 

I am NOT the type of person who goes out to buy brand new clothes for all FOUR of my kids....just to get a "matching" picture. I AM the kind of person who frantically scrambles around trying to creatively concoct a matching ensemble of random clothing we already have, only to be upset that nothing "matches" (or fits correctly). Sigh.

Next, I have to find a nice bluebonnet patch:

This part isn't too hard. I see them everywhere. However, the background is usually not great for picture taking. Or the bluebonnets are too close to a major road and it would be dangerous with four kids running around. Luckily, I found a good patch close to my house. It was a tiny patch but it would have to work.

Then, I have to corral all four kids, make them smile simultaneously, AND watch out for bees (all by myself):

I have plenty of shots where three out of the four look fantastic. There is always one kid who cannot smile with the rest. Or is terrified of a bee. Or running away. Or wants me to hold her. Or has a question. Or has to pee. Or...or...or...


Myleigh is terrified of a bee!


Those darn bees even photo-bombed a few pictures!

All in all, I still enjoy bluebonnet pictures. I might have to whisper Philippians 2:14, "do everything without complaining or arguing" to myself the entire time, but gosh darn it, I GET those bluebonnet pictures. They aren't professional. They aren't perfect. They won't be nominated for any kind of fancy award. But you know what? I like it that way. My kids are not professional, or perfect (no really, they aren't!), or fancy. So the pictures depict exactly what my kids were like in this moment of life. That is more precious to me then any kind of "fake" picture that I see on pinterest or something. (Although, I wouldn't mind one of those pictures too.....hee hee). 


Delaney was trying really hard here. HAHA!


Goofy boy. Always a silly smile.




She had to use the restroom the entire time. She was trying not to right here. HA!

Totally messed up her hair....but that's my girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment