Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Duck Dynasty Birthday Party



Since One year olds cannot decide on themes for a birthday party, I took the opportunity to do something that I would want to do!! AND.....since we LOVE Duck Dynasty in our house, we thought it would be fun, fun, fun to have a party - Duck Dynasty style!

irst things first, I had to send out invites. I wanted Duck Dynasty but with a verrrry girly approach. Frilly, pink Duck Dynasty. So I scoured the internet until I came across a camo/bachelorette invite. It was the perfect combo of pink/classy/camo!

Then I spent hours upon hours researching pinterest for creative ideas. I love this part. It gets my creative juices flowing and I feel like I could move mountains!! I get SO MANY ideas and get super excited about making my ideas come to life!

Finally I get to buy and decorate. It wasn't hard to find things for decorations. I think we all know that. Duck Dynasty stuff is EVERYWHERE, y'all. It was kinda hard NOT to buy stuff.

My hubby was amazing (as usual) and built us a HUGE Duck Dynasty sign (like they have on their warehouse). We put it up on our walkway up to our front door. It was massively impressive, if I do say so myself!

Here we are tacking the paper to the wood slats.
Partially done!

All done!

The hubby found some free fence slats on craigslist. Then he cut them to correct size and nailed them into a sign. We printed out the letters on paper and cut out the inside printed parts. Finally, we tacked the paper to the wood slats and spray painted! Voila!

Then it was time to collect party decorations. I don't like it when I have to piece together decorations because my theme isn't available. However, I equally don't like it when there are TONS of decorations with my theme. I have a hard time sticking to a budget and not just buying every stinking thing I see!! As every person in America knows....Duck Dynasty stuff is everywhere. I had a hard time deciding what Duck Dynasty things I would buy to make my party look very festive but not cost me a trillion dollars. One of the most important items on my list was Uncle Si cups to use/give away as party gifts. I needed 24 cups. Not a cheap purchase. I bought cups SEVERAL times and took them back each time. None of my purchases truly even resembled his famous plastic cup. And the ones that were authentic were only available online for an OUTRAGEOUS cost. However, just like all good stories, the moment I was about to give up on my idea I happened to stumble upon perfection. Uncle Si plastic cups....for (pretty) cheap!!!
Here are my cups, ready to party!


 Then I gathered as many of the cheapest decorations I could find. Walmart had wrapping paper, books, etc. I figured I could do something creative with it? I knew that I wanted the party to look "back-woods Louisiana-ish". So I found a moss tree and stole a trash bag full of moss. I went to the park and gathered as many nice branches/sticks that I could find. Green, pink, and camo tablecloths and butcher paper were next on my list. I found some old stuffed animals and luckily found a squirrel and duck!! I borrowed some boots, a barrel, and some netting from a family member. A few ACTUAL Duck Dynasty items found their way into the budget and soon I was being swallowed by bags and bags of party decor!!!

 The week before the party I creatively tried to put all of my cheap decorations together. It came out much better than I expected!


My HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY sign made from cut-out foam board



From one of the Duck Dynasty Word of Wisdom books that I found at Walmart, I cut the pages out and put them inside dollar store frames. Then I used some small sticks and hot-glued them to make a "rustic" frame.

My next creations were my "trays". I wrapped the butcher paper around cardboard. Then I used more sticks and hot-glued them to create the outside of the tray. I used these trays for my cups, bags of chips, and the marshmallows for the chocolate fountain (aka - tire mud).





Next was the cake. I really wanted to have the cake stand high on the table so I asked my hubby to make me a stand out of wood. Then I bought a chocolate cake and placed the Uncle Si bobble head on top. Then I threw some moss, some old plastic vines, and a few pinecones around the table! Easy-peasy!




 Another part of the party was my weekly pictures. Again, I wanted it to be "rustic" so I (well the hubby) hung 52 pictures from some huge branches.

The weekly pictures hanging

The take home cups

The party was so much fun!! We played "redneck" games and ate tons of food.
We played:

1. Shoot the birds (with a marshmallow shooter)
2. Throw a ball at the deer
3. Spitting seeds into a bucket
4. Washers

It was so much fun!!

Happy Happy happy Birthday to our Delaney Love!!!

Birthday girl and her daddy

Birthday girl and her mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment