Monday, March 18, 2013

Frosty the Snowman Birthday Party......in March


My funny, sweet, caring little Myleigh turned 4! Whoa. Kinda hard to believe. 

She has been begging for a Frosty the Snowman birthday party for 2 years. That would be cool...except her birthday is in March. 

Alas, I gave in this year and put my heart and soul into throwing her an awesome Frosty party. I think she was very happy!

Here she is posing in her snowman outfit at the treat table.

I know, I know....she is adorable. :)





Here is the treat table. It had the Snowflake cake balls, Frosty the Snowman cake pops, Frosty hat marshmallows, Snow-girl cake, and many Frosty decorations.


I made the Frosty wreath,  at the top, out of a floral wreath and body-wash sponges I bought from the dollar store. Then I just cut the face pieces out of card stock. Easy, cheap!



Then I just hand wrote her Happy Birthday banner on card stock and strung it up with ribbon. 

The back drop and table cloth are sheets. Luckily, my girls had white/multi-color polka dot sheets I used for the table cloth. Then I found the multi-colored striped sheet on clearance at walmart.  I liked them much better than plain colored, cheap plastic table cloths. 

The Frosty stuffed animals were left over from Christmas. Duh.


Snow-girl cake


Frosty the Snowman cake pops


Snowflake cake balls
Frosty hats


Yeah. It was certainly the TREAT table. LOT'S of treats!!

The other table was my dips table.  Not much to it. Also, I made snowman faces on all the cups. (And wrote everyones name on them ahead of time. No sharpie-losing-which-is-my-cup problems).



I tried to get the lyrics to the song all over the party. Here is the walkway into our house, so I put the lyrics about walking. You can't see but the signs on our door say the rest of that stanza, "But he only paused a moment when he heard him holler -STOP!)




Here is our Frosty pantry door with more lyrics. I didn't get the picture of my "melted snow" (which was the big jug of water), or the lyrics near it that said, "Frosty the Snowman knew the sun was hot that day".....



Frostys were everywhere. On the windows, doors, and counters.
The first activity was making snowman out of marshmallows, pretzels, edible pens, etc. Here are some of the kids at work! 



The kids had fun but mostly enjoyed the eating the snowman part!!!



What kind of party would it have been without being able to dress up like Frosty and take a picture? 



Of-course the kids were only excited about swinging and playing in the bounce house!!! (I may have done a little jumping myself)



I have to admit, the best part of the party was hanging out with friends and family!!!!



The party favors were a mason jar filled with Snowman Snack Mix (marshmallows for the body, chocolate chips for the coal, pretzels for the limbs, and cranberries for the nose.) and a Frosty paper bag (I just ran white paper bags thru the printer) with a few treats inside.

All in all, it was a magnificent party! I hope it was as fun for the birthday girl and guests as it was for me!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I did not know you could print off onto paper bags from the printer. SMART! You also forgot pics of the pretty snowflakes hanging from the ceiling from your wedding. i thought that was really neat that you were able to reuse them. Oh, and your forgot to mention how a friend made you sing for about an hour post-party even though you were exhausted. not going to mention any names, but she such an inconsiderate person, jeez!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID forget about the snowflakes!!! And the snowman toilet paper game! As for that crazy person that asked me to sing......I kinda love that girl and totally didn't mind, thank you very much!!! :)

      Delete
  2. oh, by the way, that was the cutest party ever! loved the snowman cake, the "melted snow", and the cake pops. and sweet Myleigh. I love her so much. Such a cutie pie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO funny that she's been wanting a Frosty the Snowman party!! And way to go, Mom, for giving in to her strange request! haha That looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the preparations are royal and surely serving a pleasing treat to guests. Went for a book launch party organized by my neighbor at one of the budgeted event space San Francisco last week. Superb speech sessions were arranged which were really knowledgeable. All guests were given a warm welcome by the hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. theres 2 gemmy frostys where you get those at (gemmy the object thingy)

    ReplyDelete