Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Training for Ironman - Week 2



WEEK 2
June 12-17, 2013

Week number two of Ironman training was.... well, not very “Ironman”-ish.  However, I did learn more about pushing myself and to just stay deterMined.


Schedule:

Monday:    Rest day

Tuesday: Swam 30 min. And ran 39 min. (swimming was just ok. I really need to 
          work on technique. I am SUPER slow! My run felt good, stayed around
          12.5 min/mile)

                                              * began going to Lifetime*

Wednesday:  Only a 20 min. bike (baby cried too much)

Thursday:      Drove to Padre.....no work-out!!!!

Friday:           1 hour run on the South Padre Island beach!!!! Ran 4 miles in the
                         heeeaaatttttt!!!!!

Saturday:  Ate bad food and soaked up the sun.... No work-out! 

Sunday:          Ditto Saturday! :)


Total: 2 hours, 29 min. - 3 days


Things I Learned:

This week Aunt Flo arrived. You read that correctly. That horrible thing followed me all the way to South Padre Island during vacation.!! Ugh. So, there I was.....bloated, crampy, in the middle of the summer..... but needing to work-out. I told myself if I could get past a run on the HOT beach with bloating and cramps, then there wouldn’t be much worse things during the course of my training. You know what? I did it. And. It. Felt. Great. Well, at least once that grueling hour was over!! I learned that I have to tell myself, “yes, you can"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment