Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Training for Ironman - Week 3


WEEK 3
June 17-24, 2013

This week was a mental week. I had to get “out of my mind” a few days this week and really push myself. I was very up and down in my training. Some days were amazing while others were miserable. I can’t quite figure out HOW to push myself when my body is screaming “NO”!! Especially when the day before a bad workout my body was screaming “THIS IS EASY” during a great workout!! So confusing.  


Schedule:

Monday:         rest day (drove back from SPI)

Tuesday: ran 45 minutes - 3.2 miles (ok, ok....my sweet hubby had to FORCE me to run on our treadmill at 11:00 at  night. I was exhausted from vacation and had  almost decided this “Ironman thing” maybe wasn’t for me.)

Wednesday: 30 min bike and 5 min run. (I felt only a little better about training. I was called  out for my crying baby before I could finish my 15 min run.) 

Thursday: swam 25 min (these little kids were swimming next to me and going much 
                        faster. I am so slow!) 
                     45 min bike (17.2 miles....felt great!!!)
                     12 min run (1 mile)
                     Yes...my very own mini triathlon!

Friday:           1 hour run (with my hubby!!!!! He was very helpful and allowed me to push myself!!! I went 5 miles!!!!!! I was continually telling myself to keep  moving....and I DID IT!)

Saturday: 1 hour, 45 min bike (I woke up with what I thought was the stomach flu. Yuck!!   HOWEVER, I got on the bike  and rode anyways. It was slow, I did NOT push myself.......but I did it. I finished.)

Sunday:          1 hour run - 4 miles (THIS WAS HORRIBLE!!!! I felt like I had never run in my life. My legs felt like bricks and  I could barely keep a 14 min/mile pace. Ugh, ugh, ugh. I actually had to walk!??!!?? I was very disappointed in this run. I felt like my body was giving up and my mind had zero control.)
                                      Total: 6.5 hours - 6 days

Things I learned:

A. I have a new favorite workout song: “The Only Way I Know” by Jason Aldean.

B. Do not go for a long run right after dinner.

C. I do GREAT with my hubby by my side! 

D.    I’m getting impatient about my body becoming “athletic” and  “in shape”. WHEN will this     baby weight go away?


No comments:

Post a Comment