Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Training for Ironman - Week 4


WEEK 4
June 24- July 1, 2013


This week was a really great!! I felt very accomplished with my training! YAY!!

Schedule:

Monday: Rest day (whew!)

Tuesday:     Swam 22 (25 yard) laps!! This was the first time I “breathed” the whole way swimming!! Then I ran hill intervals on the treadmill for 30 min. (ugh...not  fun!) - I got to do all of this with my training partner, Bobbie!

Wednesday: I rode 30 min on my regular bike throughout the neighborhood, 7 miles. It was fun being outside and NOT on a stationary. THEN.....I did a QC and ran for 15 min......at a 11.5 mile pace!!!!! YAY!!! 1.25 miles! WHOO-HOO!! 

Thursday: I swam for a few laps, not very much. I didn’t even keep track! Oops! I got on the bike (not spin bike) for 30 min - 7 miles. 

 
Friday:           I did not do my usual 1 hour run. I opted for a “core” class. I’m VERY glad I chose to do that. It was VERY hard and worked muscles that needed to be worked out!!! I was SO SORE!!!! It made me miss Crossfit, and that is kinda sad.


Saturday:       The hubby and I went on a 1 hour, 45 min ride out on our regular bike. We rode 20 miles. It was an effortless ride but super, super fun. We talked about important stuff and then did a little bullfrog hunting!!!!!! GREAT WORK-OUT! Lol!!

Sunday:          I woke up sick. Again. OMG!!!! This time it felt like a sinus-infection/flu. I thought I would get out of doing my 1 hour run. However, the hubby made me get up and dragged me to the gym!! Good thing, too..... Because I ran 5 miles in 56 min!!! I was probably the most proud of myself that I have been thus far!!!

Monday:          Remember how proud I was yesterday? Meet Monday, Crystal. You got up super early (7:30...LOL) and went to a spin class on your OFF DAY!!!!! Spin class was AWESOME!!!! How have I missed this???I LOVED IT!!!! 

Total: 6 hours, 45 min - 7 days

Things I learned:

  1. New song I will listen to while training: “Overcomer” by Mandissa
  2. I LOVE (and NEED) spin class
  3. I also NEED muscle building classes....adding more training will be tough though
  4. I MUST start eating better.....much, much better
  

No comments:

Post a Comment