Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Training for Ironman - Week 5


WEEK 5
July 2-8, 2013

This week was good! I really worked on my running. I enjoyed training this week!!



Schedule:

Tuesday: Off Day

Wednesday: I rode on the regular bike at the gym for 45 minutes, steady pace...I went 9 miles. Then I QC to a run for 15 minutes at an 11.45 and then one lap around at a 10 minute pace!!!!

Thursday: Got up early and swam with my hubby! I swam for 35 minutes. I worked on sighting and keeping head down better. Then I rode for 30 minutes on the spin bike. 

Friday: Ran for 1 hour with my friend Jessica and my hubby on the treadmill (UGH!). I went 11.30 the whole time!!!! - 5 miles!

Saturday: My hubby fixed my *new* bike on the trainer for me and I rode for 1 hour-45 minutes. MY HINEY HURT!!!! OUCH!!!! It was brutal and I did not enjoy it. I felt like I didn’t train very hard due to my hurting hiney!! - (Or maybe because it was from 10:30-12:00 at night!)
Sunday: Took another day off and helped try to do stuff around the house

Monday: Ran for 1 hour on the treadmill with my friend Bobbie. I ran at 11.30-11.06 pace. Took 2 minutes off my run from Friday!!!!

Total: 6 hours - 50 minutes - 5 days


Things I Learned:
  1. I am training my mind more than I am training my body. My mind just wants to give up - constantly!!
  2. I need to drink more water and eat healthier food!!!
  3. I like getting up earlier and getting my training out of the way - who knew?! LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment